DUBROVNIK - Our Lady of Mercy monastery
A renown Shrine to the Blessed Virgin Mary and commonly known amongst the people as Our Lady of Mercy. It was built together with a small house and property alongside. Dubrovnik Bishop Josip Marčelić, in 1913 commissioned the shrine to the permanent care of the Order.In 1928, the first section of the monastery was built due to the efforts of the Order's guardian Fr. Vinko from Karlobag and in 1936, the second section of the monastery was completed under the guidance of Fr. Matija from Remetinac. Following World War II, part of the monastery was nationalised by the government. Today, however our brothers are in complete possession of the shrine and monastery.
Liechtensteinov put 16
KARLOBAG - St. Joseph's, Blessed Virgin's Betrothed monastery
The church and monastery dedicated to the Blessed Virgin's betrothed, St. Joseph was built when Emperor Joseph I governed the king's court. The foundation stone for the complex was laid down on 26 June 1710. The church itself was dedicated by Adam Ratkay, the Bishop of Senj. When the parish church, St. Charles of Boromea was destroyed during World War II,our monastery chapel was used as the parish church and for all parochial activities.Today, our monks serve this parish as well as the parishes in Cesarec, Prizna, Oštarine & Lukove Šugarje.
Kapucinska ul. 1
OSIJEK – St. Jacob's monastery
The monastery and church were built on property owned by Ivan Jakov von Eggendorff, who donated the land to the Capuchins. The monastery was completed in 1710. Construction of the church began some time between 1721 and 1723, and the church was dedicated to St. Jacob the apostle. Construction of the church continued until 1727. When the church was completed it was consecrated on 7 September 1727, with the consent of the Archbishop of Ostrogon by Đakovo-Bosnia Bishop Petar Bakić de Lack.Until 1920, the monastery and church belonged to the Austro-Hungarian Province. From 1954, the Order's seminary and the Seraphim high school have been located in the monastery. In 1963 the entire gardens of the monastery were confiscated by the state.
Kapucinska ul. 31
RIJEKA - Our Lady of Lourdes monastery
The foundation stone for the church and monastery was laid down on 28 August 1610, and the complex was constructed due to donations and gifts. The original church was consecrated in honour of St. Augustine by the Bishop of Pula Klaudio Sozomeno on 14 June 1613. On 11 February 1904, Pope Pius X blessed the foundations of the new church with the construction being led by Fr. Bernardin Škrivanić from Omiš, the then Provinciala of the Croatina Province, and this church was dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes & St. Augustine. The actual foundation stone was laid down by Bishop Antonio Maurović, with the participation of the clergy, magistrates and a multitude of the faithful. The construction of the first section of the church (crypt), was completed in 1908 due to the gifts of the nobility. The church was consecrated by the then Provincial Bernardin Škrivanić. On 10 February 1908, Krk Bishop Anton Mahnič consecrated the crypt. The main altar was consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Souls in Purgatory in the presence of a multitude of the faithful. The following day the crypt was officially opened for God worshiping.
The construction of the upper church was often disrupted during the world war 1914 – 1918 so that by1922, only the exterior walls had been completed and the roof. The upper church was opened for God worship only in 1923. On 1 August 1923, the parish of Our Lady of Lourdes was annexed to our monastery and church and commissioned to our Order. After World War I the monastery was annexed to the Venetian Province and in 1954, it was returned once again to our Province.
(i kuća novicijata)
Kapucinske stube 5
SPLIT - Our Lady of Pojišan
The first mention of the church in Pojišano is recorded in 1260. In the early XVII C (1607), „Martin Bondumerio, a noble and Split captain, took it upon himself to raise the shrine in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary." It appeared that the shrine was going to be too narrow so in the years between 1761 – 1772, the current church dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built. The shrine and a little home built along side were commissioned to the Order in 1908 by Split Bishop Filip Franjo Nakić. The monastery was built in 1910, under the guidance of the brothers of the Croatian Province headed by Provincial Fr. Bernardin from Omiš. The monastery was expanded in 1938, under the guidance of the then guardian Fr. Pavao from Drenovac. On 28 May 1944, Split Bishop Kvirin Klement Bonefačić, founded the parish of the Blessed Virgin May of Pojišano and commissioned the monastery with the new parish to our brothers.
Kapucinska poljana 1
VARAŽDIN - Holy Trinity monastery
The foundation stone for the monastery and church were laid in the presence of a multitude of the faithful and nobility on 25 April 1701, by Zagreb Archbishop Stjepan Seliščević. The church was consecrated in honour of the Holy Trinity on 14 July 1705, by Zagreb Bishop Martin Brajković in the presence of Duke Ivan Palttija, a Croatian Ban and army general Ivan Drašković, as well as other nobility and a multitude of the faithful. In 1935, the general minister of our Order, the honourable Fr. Vigilio from Valstagne during his cannon visitation laid down the foundation stone on the monastery's property for the future Seraphim seminary under the auspices of Fr. Anzelmo of Vidovic, the then local guardian and definer of the Province. Ownership of the home was confiscated by the civil government on 15 January 1960. However, with the mediation of Archbishop Dr. Franjo Šeper, ownership was returned on 17 May 1963. The parish of St. Vid was established alongside the monastery on 8 October 1961 and the parish was commissioned permanently to our Order by the Holy See.
Kapucinski trg 7
ZAGREB - St. Leopold B. Mandić monastery
With the aim of fruitful pastoral care and preaching on 17 May 1963 a home was built with a public chapel in Borska 35 in the area of St. Michael's parish in Zagreb. The first holy mass celebrated in the home was on 6 December 1964. In April 1976, the house was proclaimed a monastery and on 2 May that same year the monastery and chapel were placed under the heavenly advocacy of St. Leopold B. Mandić. Life in the monastery and liturgical-pastoral activities continued in that section of Zagreb – Dubrava and the area of St. Michael's parish until 1998 when works commenced for the construction of a new church and monastery dedicated to St. Leopold in a street renamed after him and located next to Dr. A. Starčević primary school.Following a decree by Zagreb Archbishop Josip Bozanić upon a request by the Croatian Capuchins in the summer of 2001, reorganisation of St. Michael's parish began which territorially covered the entire area of the Zagreb suburb of Dubrava.This led to the establishment of new parishes (St. Leopold B. Mandić – Upper Dubrava, Bl. Pope John XXIII – Klaka, Queen of Peace – Žuti Brijeg). The St. Leopold B. Mandić parish was established by decree of the Zagreb Archbishop on 2 September 2001. Today, this monastery and church dedicated to St. Leopold B. Mandić are the see of the provincial of the Croatian Capuchin Province.
PROVINCIJALAT HRVATSKIH KAPUCINA
Sv.Leopolda Mandića 41
10040 ZAGREB– DUBRAVA
Tel:+385 1 298 25 20
Sv.Leopolda Mandića 41
10040 ZAGREB – DUBRAVA
Tel: +385 1 295 82 200
ZAGREB - St. Michael Archangel monastery
Our original monastery in the Upper Town(Grič) of Zagreb was founded on 5 May 1618, and the foundation stone for the church was laid down on 10 August 1631, in honour of the Immaculate Conception in the early years of the XIX C. Our brothers were forced to leave this monastery together with its gardens due to unfavourable circumstances and a royal decree placed the property at the disposal of the civil authorities.
Our brothers returned to Zagreb after many years of absence only in 1941 when, pursuant to a decision by the Congregation for the Religious of 22 February, a new church was raised and dedicated in honour of St. Michael Archangel. The costs of construction were largely covered by the then Archbishop of Zagreb,Dr. Alojzije Cardinal Stepinac. This was followed with the laying of the foundation stone for a new monastery thanks to the efforts of that noble archbishop and the kind gifts of good people as well as the mediation of Fr. Maks from Vidovice. On 1.1.1942, the new church was blessed by Zagreb Archbishop Alojzije Cardinal Stepinac. Following the Eucharist with the participation of the clergy and a huge crowd of the faithful the church was proclaimed the new centre for the new parish of St. Michael Archangel which was founded by decree on 17 December 1941, and was commissioned accordingly to our Order and Province.
(i kuća studenata teologije)
Kapucinska ul. 47
Tel. 01 29 586 68
Fax 01 29 586 74